Saturday, January 5, 2008

Nothing is Permanent When it Comes to Weight

During this past holiday season, I had a revelation as I was nearing the start of the new year. I was in my kitchen snacking on the left over goodies and knowing full-well that I had already eaten waaaay too much in the past week and a half, when I had this thought, "Nothing is permanent when it comes to weight!"
You see, I was struggling with the guilt of the fact that my clothes were fitting tighter (from just a week's worth of "giving in to temptation"), when the guilt left and peace came over me. The Word of God says that, "His mercies are new every morning"!
Just because I had struggled (well, honestly...there wasn't a struggle - I wanted to eat and I did!) with the temptation that I teach my clients to overcome, today was a new day. The weight that I could tell I had gained in that very short period of time was temporary and with my fresh start, it would be changed within a week.
Now, truthfully that wasn't something "new" to me - I know that weight isn't permanent - but it was new to me for that moment and it made an impression that I feel is important to pass on to others.
Whatever your weight is at this very moment, it IS NOT PERMANENT!!! It will change if you make the decision to make the necessary changes!! Praise God!!!
Okay, but there is another side to this that we must also realize and come to terms with. Once you do, I truly believe your life will be changed forever. That is...even when you reach your target goal, that too, will not be permanent.
Don't get discouraged but rather be encouraged! What I mean by that is, you are going to need to remain aware of what you do when it comes to eating and exercise...forever! As long as you do, then you will remain at your goal. If you relax and think "whooo - I've arrived", then you will get lazy and the weight will come back on.
Weight issues are not something that you get cured from! You will not reach your ideal weight or size and then be able to eat whatever you want and stay at that size. But there is good news!
The good news is...if you lose weight the right way - the healthy way, which is slow and steady and by changing your lifestyle, then it becomes just that...a lifestyle or your way of life! Therefore you will never struggle with weight issues again!
So, rejoice in coming to the same revelation that I did...nothing is permanent when it comes to weight and you will be far ahead many others in your weight loss journey!

No comments: