Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Carbs and Protein: Do the Body Good (first thing in the morning)!

I have found throughout my weight-loss journey, that I tend to eat the same things over and over. Not because I have to, but because when I find something that I like and I know it's good for me, it's convenient to have it time and time again. I will typically do this for a number of days, weeks, even months until I move on to something else.

My last great find is a wonderful breakfast that has exactly what I need for working out, is quick and easy to make, is low cal, low fat and nutritious. And the best part...it is delicious.

I figured if I'm enjoying it, you may too! So here it is:

Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt - 4oz. My faves are Blueberry and Strawberry (can be found at Walmart as well as many other grocery stores)
1/4 Cup of Kellogg's All Bran cereal
1/4 Cup of fresh Blueberries or cut up Strawberries.

The added cereal gives crunch, fiber, additional protein and makes it filling. This very nutrition breakfast has only 150 calories, 29 grams of (good) carbohydrates, 0 fat, 6 grams of fiber and 12 grams of protein. The combination of good carbs and the protein makes it an excellent choice for any day or time of the week, but especially when working out.

I have also combined the blueberries and strawberries with half of a small banana for even more substance.

Enjoy this nutritious breakfast first thing in the morning and I believe you will find that it will...do your body good!

Until next time...

Let Your Light Shine,
Debbi

1 comment:

Michelle Myers said...

Love these ideas - they are great ones! Keep up the awesome blog! God bless!